Saturday, November 21, 2009

U6B Hood Top

Success! I managed to get the profile into the top of the hood ok.  It took some doing and patience but it is now about ready to be afixed into the casting box. I still want to do some polishing on it yet. All additional details will be added on after the castings come out of the molds.

I use 1/2"x3/4" aluminum angle for the box sides. They cut easily on the table saw, are square, offer two depths for the rubber molds and easy clamping surfaces. Also a smooth and consistant surface for leveling the back of the mold.

I started work on the front (nose) master. There is a access door and sand box hatches as well as light fixtures there and a bunch of NBW detail. I like to spread the work around as I have a low boredom threshhold. I think I'll get back to the underframe tomorrow unless Grandt Line shows up with some parts in which case I'll return to the end plates and get the coupler situation resolved.  Kadee delivered their goodies a few days ago.

I should have pictures posted on this new stuff within a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment