Thursday, November 26, 2009

Maybe Some Progress

These new photo's point up some of the work I've done recently but are a better teaching tool. The end beam is fine but the nose is supposed to be a master for casting and it looked fine to me until the camera revealed the obvious flaws. It goes to the scrap pile.  Note the drop step. This is the underside. The top side will be overlaid with diamond tread.  It will actually operate.

I am still working on the underframe. Cut the bolsters and prepared to drill and tap for 4-40 screws to hold them in place only to discover I was missing the #43 drill required for that tap size.  Had the 42 and 44 though. No one has that locally I could find, after burning out my cell phone battery, so I had to order from Micro-Mark....in a set, naturally.

Still have MU hoses to add to the end beams and big air plus MU cable recepticles and grab irons but I'm getting there. I work at it everyday when practicable.

Still waiting on the wheel sets from NWSL..........

No comments:

Post a Comment