Saturday, November 21, 2009

I found some photo's of the roof tops of a U6B so I was able to begin work on that part. It will be a master so I can cast more of them for the next two to follow. Also found a reference to a hand brake location on the cab end of the engine but still no pictures.

Have begun work on the engine hood. A styrene base with brass overlays for the doors and panels. See through mesh for the radiator intakes and outlets. The fan is pretty much hidden so I’ll not bother with powering it up. One of the engine room doors will stand open to see the cat engine which will hide the motor and the cover over the flywheel will stand in as the generator.

No new parts have arrived in the mail so no work has been done on the end plates. I don't have a handy local hobby shop that I can run to get parts so planning ahead is critical to keep progress flowing. The nearest good place is 100 miles away in Phoenix.

I am happy with the work so far. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment