Saturday, September 18, 2010

New House of Cards

A quick note to let you know I have not been sitting idle. This is another "construct", At least the "B" unit hood is actually "together". Note the pilots are installed also. The hood end is the first one I did and is a throw away, just propped there for the "visual". Note also that the roof is too short for the "B" unit and I'll have to splice an additional piece in there to finish it up.  The door on this end of the "B" unit hood, where the cab would normally be, is an access for a hostler's stand. The unit is almost entirely styrene save for two brass plates that mount the trucks and tie the underframe together. The radiator air intakes are also brass channel and screening. There is much to be done, especially in the area of detailing but little by little it gets there.
OOPS !!!!!

My Bachmann 10 wheeler arrived right on time via UPS. I opened the box and to my horror it was "G" scale !! EEE Gads those things are huge.  I goofed while in a bidding frenzy on Ebay and ended up with a really nice model I can't use.  All those nights researching whaleback tenders have not gone for naught as it is back on the block. You have a couple days to grab a nice bargain........at dummies expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment