Monday, December 7, 2009

U6B Bolsters

The bolsters are mounted thanks to Micro Fasteners.  They sent the tap drills so fast I thought they had made a mistake.  No set was required either and the price was cheap.
You can see the .040 deck is in place but not yet attached.  I am working on the trucks, modifying them for a pin type mounting and changing the electrical pick up scheme.  When that is done I'll go ahead and glue the deck in position.
Still at the nose master.  The aluminum is working out so far.  Got my fingers crossed.
About to order a bunch of detail stuff from Precision Scale. Real good stuff!
My wheels have yet to show up from NWSL so I'm a little bummed out about that and am still waiting for a new Grandt Line order.  I'm sorta' focused on the nose out of necessity.
A Plastruct order should arrive next week with some 3/16" square pieces that will allow me to get a new all plastic unit started.

No comments:

Post a Comment