Monday, December 14, 2009

Frame and Trucks Mated

On a very preliminary basis the trucks have been mated to the frame.  As you can see the pins (1/8" styrene) will have to be trimmed to clear shafts and u-joints and enough left over to allow for a clip of some kind to retain the truck assembly.  The pins seem strong enough.  I have been carrying the whole assembly around by them. I still have to make the plastic shims to seperate the metal pad on the gear box from the brass bolster to isolate things electrically, and fabricate the new bronze wipers.  Also I have to devise some method to attach the side frames to the gear box but that looks like a straight forward deal.  There are a number of places to bolt or glue things.

From the end view it would be hard to deny that this is a NARROW gauge locomotive. 30" looks pretty skinny. The pictures were shot on the aft deck of my wife's new baby trimaran, the only flat spot left in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment